DEPARTMENTS & OFFICES >
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
Foundations for Success
If you want to be successful in today’s dynamic global marketplace, you need to be able to analyze situations quickly and accurately, adapt accordingly, and act decisively, all while maintaining a professional and ethical approach.
RMU’s School of Business understands the demands of today’s business climate. By focusing on ethics and globalization throughout the curriculum, and by utilizing experiential learning strategies, internships, simulations, case studies, and strategic plans, we give you the tools you need to succeed. We also integrate communication skills with discipline-specific knowledge and emphasize business-related technology in the classroom.
The School of Business has a new state-of-the-art building, which includes the PNC Trading Center, U. S. Steel Videoconferencing and Technology Resource Center, and the ATI Center with an Interactive Marketing Wall. These resources further enhance our students’ educational experience by providing hands-on opportunities for real-world learning.
Other advantages include:
- Accreditation by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- Our alumni work at some of the nation’s most prestigious corporations like Alcoa, Bayer, BNY-Mellon, Deloitte, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Ernst and Young, Heinz, Highmark, PNC Bank, PPG, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Schneider Downs, UPMC, and U.S. Steel
- An 86 percent placement rate within 12 months of graduation
- Our integrated BSBA/MBA program combines fundamental skills with high-level problem solving, giving students the opportunity to earn two degrees in just five years
- The top-ranked hospitality and tourism program among private schools and one of the oldest and most respected undergraduate sport management programs in the country
- 62 faculty, all with industry work experience
- Online course offerings
Business Week 2015
The School of Business held a very successful Business Week 2015 from February 23rd through the 26th, 2015. Over 1,900 student interactions occurred during the week where students enjoyed professional development programming centered on the theme,“It’s a Jungle Out There!”
Please click here for the full program of events for a sample of what you can expect for Business Week 2016!
For the latest School of Business news, please click on the link to our newsletter, The Colonial Ledger.
Winter 2016 Colonial Ledger
Winter 2015 Colonial Ledger
Summer 2014 Colonial Ledger
Interested in more School of Business news? Visit our Blog.